Summer is rounding the corner, and soon autumn will arrive. While many people won’t need to use their heating system quite yet, there’s no better time than the present to make sure it’s ready for the chillier weather to come. By choosing heating maintenance for your home this fall, your system will be prepared to keep you and your family warm once the cooler temperatures return.
You may be wondering what some of the benefits of choosing heating maintenance for your home might be, or if it’s necessary at all. In this article, we’ll share some reasons why getting annual maintenance on your heating system is essential, and how John Betlem can help. Keep reading to learn more.
5 Reasons to Choose Heating Maintenance for Your Home
For some homeowners, maintenance on heating equipment might seem like an unnecessary expense. However, there are many benefits to choosing annual maintenance that far outweigh the cost of a maintenance visit. Some of the reasons to choose heating maintenance include:
- Improved System Efficiency. Heating equipment can become dusty and dirty with use. And that dirt and dust that accumulates in equipment can cause it to have to work harder than it needs to. Maintenance helps keep your system nice and clean, allowing it to operate more efficiently – and that can help save money on utility bills.
- More Effective Heating. When your heating equipment is poorly maintained, it might not work as well to keep your home warm. As we mentioned above, a dirty system can become sluggish and inefficient, and that can affect how well it heats your home.
- Longer System Life. Annual heating maintenance can extend the lifespan of your system by improving its performance, efficiency, and safety. By inspecting your system regularly, a technician can detect and fix any minor issues before they become major problems or hazards.
- Warranty Maintenance. Having a professional HVAC technician inspect your system may be more than just a good idea, it may be a necessary condition of your warranty. Having your furnace or other type of heating equipment maintained by someone who is not a licensed professional can void your warranty, and that can mean out-of-pocket repair or replacement costs.
- Cleaner Air. As you’ve already read, maintenance helps keep your heating system clean. A system that has not been well-maintained can circulate dust, dirt, pet dander, and other particulates through the air in your home, negatively affecting your overall indoor air quality.
How can John Betlem help me get the heating maintenance I need?
Improving the heating of your Rochester, NY home is as easy as making a call to John Betlem Heating & Cooling, Inc. We can help you get the heating maintenance and tune-up you need so that you and your family can experience the best in-home comfort. We also offer heating maintenance memberships that not only provide you with the annual maintenance you need but also provide benefits such as priority service and discounts on repairs. Simply give us a call at 585.271.8888 and we will be more than happy to help you with any heating service you may need.