Save up to $10,000 on insulation and home performance upgrades with John Betlem
Right now there are incredible programs available to help area homeowners improve the comfort in their home and reduce their energy bills. We’d like to help you get qualified for these New York State programs that offer free and half-price upgrades to help pay for:
- Insulation & Air Sealing
- Home Heating
- Hot Water heaters
- Light bulbs
Often these improvements can be made for FREE, and if payment is needed we have exceptional financing programs available too.
Hundreds of thousands of area homeowners and renters qualify for one or more of these programs. Let us help you save too.
There are five programs available to help you save on home comfort
“I decided to add some insulation to my home… I gave John Betlem a call and I’m absolutely glad I did. The work they did exceeded all my expectations.
I’m really looking forward to my next heating bill coming in because I’m certain it will be lower.”
Sharon Lilla, Sodus Point NY
1: EmPower New York
Thousands of Rochester area homeowners and renters qualify for up to $10,000 in FREE Improvements
EmPower New York provides free energy efficiency solutions for income-eligible New Yorkers. Without spending a dime, you’ll lower energy bills and be more comfortable. All without spending a single dollar. It really is free, if you qualify.
- Free Insulation. With improved insulation, you'll stay warmer in the winter, cooler in the summer, and save on energy bills.
- Free Energy-Efficient Lighting. Energy-efficient lightbulbs can help you save on your utility bills and last longer than traditional incandescent bulbs.
- Free Refrigerator. Older refrigerators aren't as efficient and effective as modern ones, which keep your food safe and your electric usage down.
This program includes single family homes, renters and owners of mobile homes.
Qualification Guidelines – EmPower New York
Tens of thousands of Greater Rochester area homeowners and renters qualify for these programs including many people on a retirement income or those working part time as well as those currently out of work.
If you qualify, the cost of the upgrades is zero – everything is FREE, up to $10,000
Contact us right away to get the upgrades you are entitled to.
2: Assisted Home Performance with Energy Star®
Save 50% on the total cost of the project, up to $5000
A huge number of area homeowners qualify to save up to $5,000 on critical home energy improvements which can make their homes more comfortable and reduce energy bills for years to come.
New York State’s Assisted Home Performance with Energy Star®
HALF-PRICED UPGRADES CAN INCLUDE:
- Insulation and Air Sealing. With improved insulation in their homes, our customers stay warmer in the winter, cooler in the summer, and energy bills are reduced too.
- Home Heating Systems. New high-efficiency heating systems can help reduce utility bills and offer better comfort than older systems
- Hot Water Heaters. Reduce energy use and get improved performance from a new hot water heater.
Qualification Guidelines – New York State’s Assisted Home Performance with Energy Star®
So many of our customers qualify for these savings. Check the household size and income guidelines below. Let us help you save thousands on your improvement project.
3: Heat Pump Program
Save thousands when you heat and cool your home with the NYS Clean Heat program
You can save thousands on the upgrades when you heat your home with a new qualifying energy efficient heat pump.
These systems offer both heating and air conditioning and are a better, more efficient way to keep your home comfortable all year long, without the use of fossil fuels.
- RG&E customers have saved an average of $3,000 on Central Air Source Heat Pumps
- RG&E customers have saved an average of $7,000 on Ground Source Heat Pumps
- There are many other heat pump incentives available
4: Incredible Financing
We have Financing available as low as 3.49%
When you take advantage of low interest financing, energy saving improvements could end up costing you nothing out of pocket long term. In many cases, the amount you save on your energy bills each month, on average, could be more than you pay for the monthly financing cost. That means each month, you actually spend less than you do right now – even with the loan payment.
NYSERDA offers two loan options to help New York State residents finance energy efficiency and renewable energy improvements made through NYSERDA’s programs. NYSERDA offers lower interest rates to lower income New Yorkers and those who cannot qualify for traditional financing.
5: Free Energy Audits
Save $250 - New York State is offering no-cost energy audits to qualifying customers. You can also receive FREE LED lightbulbs, power strips, shower heads, smoke and C/O detectors, thermostats and more!
We'll start with a home performance assessment that will help you understand your home's condition and energy performance.
A thorough energy audit can help you:
- Determine how much energy your home uses
- Discover where your home is losing energy
- Learn which problem areas and fixes should be a priority
- Find out how you can make your home more efficient and comfortable
There are many opportunities to save, please reach out to us and we’ll walk you through the process to ensure you are taking full advantage of these programs.
Why choose John Betlem for my Home Performance Upgrades
At John Betlem Heating, Cooling, Electrical, & Insulation, we have the expertise to provide you with an energy audit that will help you make your home more comfortable and efficient.
- We’ve been serving the needs of Rochester, NY since 1941
- We’re a family owned and operated business
- We hire professional NATE-certified technicians
- We provide our technicians with ongoing training
- We’re a Carrier® Factory Authorized Dealer
- We partner with NYSERDA to promote energy usage awareness and solutions