Once spring arrives, people start to look forward to the warmer weather ahead, and all the beautiful sights of the season. Budding trees and blooming flowers start to dot the landscape, and while they are lovely to look at, they can, unfortunately, cause distress to people who suffer from seasonal allergies.
Pollen counts rise during the spring, and the wet weather and warmer temperatures help to promote mold growth. And that can spell trouble for people with allergies and other respiratory concerns, such as asthma. The good news is, there are products available that can help keep pollen and mold at bay indoors, allowing allergy sufferers to breathe easier during the spring season.
You can take measures to keep pollen and allergens out of your home.
There are a few things you as a homeowner can do to cut down on pollen and mold in your home:
- On days when the pollen counts are high, keep windows and doors shut as much as possible. When you come in from outside, make sure to leave shoes and outerwear at the door, so you don’t track pollen and mold throughout your home.
- Vacuum carpeting more frequently, and if you’ve spent the day outdoors, take a shower so you’re not bringing any pollen to bed with you!
- Look around your home for signs of mold growth, especially if your home tends to be damp.
Taking the necessary steps mentioned above to keep pollen and mold out of your home is helpful. Unfortunately, they might not be enough, especially for people with severe allergies. Luckily, there are many products on the market today that can help keep allergens at bay.
For the cleanest possible air, indoor air quality products can help.
At John Betlem, we’re pleased to offer a wide range of IAQ products, including:
- Air Filtration: Filtration helps to keep your indoor air cleaner by trapping pollutants, allergens, and other microscopic particles that can have an adverse effect on the air quality of your home. Proper filtration helps to ensure that you and your family are breathing cleaner, fresher air indoors and can add to the life of your system because clean air is passing through.
- ERV Systems: Energy Recovery Ventilation, or ERV systems can help greatly reduce the humidity level in your home and provide you with fresher indoor air.
- iWave® Air Purification: The iWave air purification system helps to effectively kill mold, bacteria, and viruses in the air of your home. It can help remove particulates, allergens, odors, and smoke from cooking or tobacco use from the air in your home as well.
- UV Lights: UV purification systems help eliminate mold and bacteria while killing the organisms that often grow in home cooling systems. Installing ultraviolet purification will help you enjoy improved air quality and better performance from your home’s cooling system.
Trust John Betlem for the IAQ products you need for your home.
At John Betlem Heating & Cooling, Inc., we know your home comfort goes far beyond the temperature of your home. We can help you get the air quality services you need so that you and your family can experience the best in home comfort. Simply give us a call at 585.271.8888 and we will be more than happy to help you with any air quality service need you may have.