First of all, what is a ductless system?
A ductless system is just what its name implies, a cooling and heating system that doesn’t need air ducts to operate. Unlike centralized home comfort systems, such as central air conditioning and furnaces, ductless units operate independently of each other. What that means for you as a homeowner is that you can have just one ductless unit installed in your home, or multiple units throughout.
How does your HVAC professional install a ductless system?
- A hole is drilled in the ceiling or wall to connect the outdoor and indoor units.
- The condensing unit is installed outdoors, with the connection facing the house.
- Refrigerant lines, and electrical and defrost wiring, are run through the hold to connect indoor and outdoor units.
- The indoor unit is installed on a high interior wall or ceiling.
- All electrical connections are completed.
- The system is then charged with refrigerant and tested to make sure it’s operating per manufacturer specs.
Great Spaces For Ductless Installation
- Homes with Radiant Heat
- Converted Spaces
- New Additions
- Man Caves
- Home Theater Rooms
Keep In Mind…
…ductless cooling and heating systems can be used in pretty much any area of your home, providing you and your family with year-round comfort.
How To Get Ductless For Your Home
Call John Betlem Heating & Cooling at 585.271.8888 and we will be more than happy to help you!
Click the infographic below to download!