The temperatures outside are soaring, and you want nothing more at the end of a hot, sticky workday than to come home and relax in the comfort of your air conditioned home. But when you get there, you find that your home’s interior isn’t much cooler than the air outside. Then, to your dismay, you discover that your air conditioning system won’t turn on. What’s the issue? And do you need to call in a professional?
The common causes of serious air conditioning problems require skilled repair services. That’s because the air conditioning system you have installed in your Rochester, NY home is a pretty complicated piece of equipment. Many of the repairs that can help your air conditioning system get up and running again are best performed by a qualified technician, like the ones we employ here at John Betlem Heating & Cooling. Below are the seven most common causes of AC problems – if the air conditioning system in your home isn’t working properly, one of these is the likely culprit.
- Dirt: Your AC system gets dirty – and dirty evaporators, filters and condensers lead to breakdown and need for air conditioning repairs. Annual service and regularly changing the filters can make this a non-worry.
- Ice: Ice can collect on your AC unit’s condenser coils and other sections, and that might make your AC not cool the air in an efficient manner. Your unit will have to be defrosted, and all ice removed, to ensure proper operation.
- Motor: If your AC unit has completely ceased to function, it is likely that the motor is faulty. Only a qualified tech will know if your motor can be repaired, or if it will need to be replaced.
- Compressor: Compressor issues can create the need for air conditioning repair. Keeping your compressor clean with annual AC maintenance can prevent that problem.
- Thermostat: The problem might not be with your unit, but with the thermostat controlling it. Try to turn your AC system on from the main unit – if you can, then the problem might just lie with your thermostat.
- Refrigerant: An AC system running short on refrigerant won’t run properly, and might not operate at all. If you suspect this is the problem, a professional technician should check refrigerant levels and change the fluids is necessary. Don’t do this yourself!
- Wiring: Issues with the wiring in your air conditioning system is one of the leading causes of AC breakdown. Before concluding that your system has a wiring problem, though, check your breakers and outlets to be sure the issue is with your AC and not other electrical components.
A qualified technician from John Betlem Heating & Cooling will be able to determine the cause of your AC breakdown and make the air conditioning repairs you need, so that your Rochester, NY home will be cool and comfortable in no time. We work hard to meet your needs both professionally and efficiently, and to your complete satisfaction. Everything we do is backed by our 100% satisfaction guarantee. We encourage you to compare our guarantee with the limitations, fine print and exclusions other companies tend to use to back their work, and see for yourself the John Betlem difference. This is why we keep growing year after year, with more satisfied customers throughout the Rochester, NY area.
Enjoying better air conditioning in your Rochester, NY area home is as easy as making a call to John Betlem Heating & Cooling, Inc. We can help you get the air conditioning repair you need so that you and your family can experience the best in home comfort. Simply give us a call at 585.326.4767 and we will be more than happy to help you with any HVAC service need you may have.