Sometimes, the most romantic way to spend Valentine’s Day with your significant other is by staying in and enjoying each other’s company, without the hustle and bustle of the crowds. If you’re looking for an innovative, fun way to aim Cupid’s arrow at your special someone this year, we have a few ideas for warm, cozy at-home dates. They’re a lot less expensive than dinner at a fancy restaurant, but they give you and your sweetheart invaluable one-on-one time that will create wonderful memories.
Here are seven at-home date ideas that we think you’ll enjoy.
- DIY Cooking Class: Cooking with your special someone is always fun, and creates an opportunity not only to learn something new, but for great conversation and a few laughs, too. It can be as simple as finding some new dinner recipes you’d both like to try, and creating the dishes together. An easy, delicious “cooking class” dinner might include steak au poivre, balsamic roasted Brussels sprouts, and a flourless chocolate cake for dessert.
- Favorite Movie Marathon: Do you have a favorite movie series as a couple? Then why not spend Valentine’s Day snuggled up on the couch, enjoying a movie marathon? You can even make it like going to the movies, complete with popcorn, candy and other snacks. The best part? You can hit pause if you need to take a quick break, or for when the pizza delivery person knocks on your door – so you won’t miss a minute.
- Living Room Camp-Out: Who says that just because you’re a grown-up you can’t build a tent in the living room and enjoy a pretend camp-out? For your camp-out date, you could hang some lantern lights, cozy up in a sleeping bag for two, and enjoy some camping foods like hot dogs, chips and s’mores. If you have a fireplace, you can roast your hot dogs and marshmallows just like you would in the great outdoors, too!
- Game Night: Whether it’s good old-fashioned board games, or your favorite video games, staying in and engaging in a bit of fun competition can be both fun and invigorating. Have a favorite game that your significant other doesn’t know how to play? You can teach them! (And then be prepared for them to enjoy a bit of beginner’s luck.)
- At-Home Spa: Spa dates can be a great way to spend Valentine’s Day together – but they can also be pretty expensive. So why not treat your significant other to a spa date at home? Pick up a bottle of their favorite wine or other beverage, and make sure you stock up on some great-smelling bath and body products. Offer to give them a foot massage and pedicure, and create a soothing playlist that helps create a relaxed and romantic atmosphere.
- DIY Paint & Sip: Creating art together is a great way to spend Valentine’s Day. Why not bring the fun atmosphere of a paint and sip party right into your own home? Pick up some wine, some paints, a couple of canvases and brushes, and you’ll be able to enjoy your very own DIY paint and sip for two. Some ideas for painting are portraits of each other, lovebirds, aquarium scenes and more. Not sure where to start? Check out YouTube for some painting tutorials!
- Create a Year-of-Love Scrapbook: Undoubtedly, you’ve taken plenty of pictures together throughout the year. Consider creating a scrapbook to commemorate the wonderful year you’ve enjoyed together. You can make one by hand, or if you’re a more digitally-inclined couple, you can create one online using a platform like Shutterfly. If you decide to make one at home, make sure you have paper, glue, photo prints and an album for your creating. Scrapbooking supplies are readily available at most craft stores.
Make sure your home is warm and cozy for Valentine’s Day by choosing John Betlem for your heating needs.
No matter which at-home Valentine’s Day date you choose, you’ll want to ensure your home is warm, cozy and comfortable. The best way to do that is by choosing a heating professional you can rely on – like John Betlem Heating & Cooling. At John Betlem, we love our customers – and we do everything we can to make sure you and yours are comfortable all year long.
When you need heating services, we’re just a phone call away at (585)271-8888. Just give us a call and we’ll be happy to make a date with you (and your home comfort system.)