Living in the Rochester area during the holiday season is truly wonderful. There’s no shortage of events to enjoy, and there’s always a little something for everyone. Whether you’re looking for a fun holiday date night experience, or something the entire family will enjoy, you’re sure to find it.
At John Betlem, we’re proud of our area and love all that Rochester has to offer during the holidays. That’s why we’re sharing this great list of events with you – hopefully you’ll find something there that will make your days merry and bright!
Seven Holiday Activities in Rochester You Won’t Want to Miss
Here are seven fun holiday events happening right now in the Rochester area. Just click on the activity to learn more!
- Roc Holiday Village – Through December 31: Skate, visit Santa in his workshop, warm up in a winter igloo, go shopping and dining, and more! There is a little bit of everything for everyone at the Roc Holiday Village.
- The Garden Factory Holiday Family Fun – Through December 22: The Garden Factory turns their greenhouse into a winter carnival, where you’ll find a Ferris wheel, crafts, St. Nick and much more.
- Wrapping Around the Christmas Tree: The Musical – Through December 22: Enjoy this fun musical that pits a group of senior citizens against a middle school class in an epic holiday gift-wrapping war at a local shopping mall. This comedy will have you laughing and singing along to some favorite holiday tunes.
- A Christmas Carol – December 20: What’s the holiday season without the Charles Dickens classic, “A Christmas Carol”? Bring your family to the Geva Theatre Center and enjoy this live performance that’s sure to awaken the holiday spirit inside you!
- Holiday Laser Light Show at the Strasenburgh Planetarium – December 21: Take the whole family to the Strasenburgh Planetarium and enjoy favorite holiday songs choreographed with laser lights among the stars.
- 2019 Gala Holiday Pops – December 20: Your entire family will enjoy the Gala Holiday Pops, with traditional carols and joyful melodies brought to you by a 200-member choir and full instrumental ensemble.
- Three Kings’ Celebration – December 28: Three Kings’ Day, also known as the Feast of the Epiphany, is joyfully celebrated in Puerto Rico – and in Rochester, too! This special celebration features Puerto Rican music, the telling of the Three Kings’ Day story, and a special craft project for children.
Make sure your holiday season is enjoyable at home, too.
While it’s always fun to be out and about enjoying the season, you’ll want to return to the comfort of home, too. The best way you can guarantee that? By choosing John Betlem for all your winter home comfort needs. As a full-service contractor, we can help you with any and all of your heating system needs – whether you have a furnace, boiler, heat pump or ductless system.
All you need to do is give us a call at 585.271.8888, and we’ll be glad to help you stay warm this winter and for years to come.