Nothing is worse than turning on your air conditioner on a hot summer day, only to find it isn’t working. That will leave you and your family sticky and uncomfortable, and could mean some hefty repair bills. You’d love to be assured that your home cooling system will be up to snuff once the warm weather comes. Luckily, that can be as easy as getting an AC tune-up for your Rochester, NY home.
Don’t underestimate the importance of an annual air conditioning tune-up. Preventive maintenance for your system can help find small problems before they become larger, more expensive repairs down the road. And, by scheduling your tune-up in early spring, you’ll beat the rush of people who suddenly realize they need maintenance when the hot weather hits. According to the Department of Energy (DOE), maintenance is key to your air conditioning system’s health.
John Betlem can help you get the AC tune-up you need for your Rochester, NY home.
When you contact John Betlem Heating & Cooling to help you get the AC tune-up you need for your Rochester, NY home, we will be happy to provide you with the comprehensive services you need. The DOE indicates that your air conditioner’s filters, coils and fins require regular maintenance for effective, efficient function. They also caution that failure to maintain your system will result in a decline in your system’s performance, while causing your energy usage to go up.
But when you choose an AC tune-up for your Rochester, NY home from John Betlem, you’ll get the maintenance you need from one of our professional service technicians. Not only will they get your system up and running for the summer months, but they’ll also take care of any small issues that could become bigger problems down the road. When you take advantage of John Betlem’s 16-point maintenance system, our technician will:
- Test living area and furnace area for carbon monoxide.
- Clean and inspect outdoor (condensing) coil.
- Check condenser for proper operating volt/amp draw.
- Check operating pressures and temperatures.
- Check/inspect start capacitor and contactor.
- Tighten all electrical connections.
- Test/inspect system safety devices.
- Lubricate moving parts as needed.
- Remove airflow obstructions if possible.
- Inspect air filter(s).
- Inspect blower assembly (cleaning optional).
- Check blower fan speed.
- Inspect indoor (evaporator) coil (cleaning optional).
- Clear and check condensate drain.
- Check thermostat operation & calibrate as necessary.
- Check evaporator coil temperature drops.
You’ll enjoy better air conditioning in your Rochester, NY area home when you make the call to John Betlem Heating & Cooling, Inc. We can help you get the AC tune-up you need so that you and your family can experience the best in home comfort. Simply give us a call at 585.271.8888 and we will be more than happy to help meet your needs.